Comment on page
XPS Token Usage
XPS is the native fungible token of Xpansion which will be mineable by players, through their in-game activity. There will be a maximum supply of 1bn XPS, the vast majority of which will be minted to the Player Reward Pool.
Land NFTs generate a small base amount of XPS without upgrades, which depends on rarity. Land Settlement Upgrades apply a multiplier to the base amount of XPS generated. The Base XPS generated by a Land NFT is calculated by its XPS Generation Quotient. In order for a player’s Land to generate XPS, the player will need to actively play the game and mine the land – there is no passive way to generate XPS with Land NFTs. XPS active mining rewards are distributed as a proportion of the Player Reward Pool (please see the later section on XPS Economics).
XPS is required for Land Settlement Upgrades and in subsequent planned stages of the game, to build Arks in order to colonize new worlds (as part of Stage 2), that have yet to be discovered. XPS will also be needed to field military units in subsequent planned stages.
Players will be able to stake XPS to any other player’s Land to express their support for the player’s cause. The player will in turn receive rewards from the Player Reward Pool and can elect how much of a percentage of the rewards that they wish to share with the stakers. The higher the aggregate level of in-game staking, the higher the aggregate distribution percentage will be from the Player Reward Pool. Ultimately players will stake XPS to the land of other players that are willing to share in their Player Reward Pool distributions. We may see this staking system as the basis for ranking systems, clans and alliances to form over time. A governance system may take shape where the players with the most XPS staked towards them form the foundation of a DAO-based system for the game. Players may also stake XPS to their own Land.
XPS powers the circular token economy of Xpansion. It is a non-inflationary token with a supply cap of 1.000.000.000 tokens.
- Active mining generates XPS for player, as mining rewards from the Player Reward Pool
- Staking XPS to land helps Land owners generate more XPS from the Player Reward Pool. The Land owners may elect to share these additional XPS rewards with the stakers.
- XPS is required for Land Settlement Upgrade and building Arks. When XPS is used, it flows back into to Player Reward Pool (after deducting a small fee amount of 1% for the game's operation fund)
- There will be more use cases for XPS as the game evolves
- 20% Team (locked 6 months, vesting over 36 months)
- 2.5% Advisors (locked 6 months, vesting over 36 months)
- 2.5% Private sale (vesting over 6 months)
- 5% IDO
- 5% Liquidity bootstrapping
- 5% Partnerships and marketing (vesting over 36 months)
- 60% Player Reward Pool
Initial NFT issuance distribution: 90% public, 10% team, advisors, partners.
The total Player Reward Pool distribution per month will vary depending on the total percentage level of staking of XPS, as a proportion of unlocked supply + XPS outside the reward pool.